Recognizing the ongoing need for equine welfare awareness, War Horse Toronto has extended the duration of its partnership with Equine Guelph until the end of June. Mirvish Productions will generously donate $10 to the Equine Guelph-OEF ‘War Horse’ Welfare Education Fund for each War Horse ticket purchased by OEF members for performances between February 10 – June 30, 2012. And, as a special thank you, at the performance, OEF members will receive a complimentary CD (one per order) of the music of War Horse. To order tickets, call 416-872-1212 or 1-800-461-3333 or go online at www.mirvish.com and indicate this special benefit code – WHFUND.
Over 160 passionate horse lovers helped raise funds for horse welfare education programs at War Horse on May 8th during the Equine Guelph Fundraising Gala. Congratulations to Lesley Kahan of Etobicoke; prize winner of a luncheon with Equine Guelph director, Gayle Ecker and Equine Guelph co-chair of research, Dr. Jeff Thomason plus a tour of OVC and Civic Museum featuring OVC’s 150th anniversary display. The evening was a huge success and attendees were mesmerized by the enchanting puppets!
Equine Guelph will be hosting another special evening on May 10th, 2012 for its students and avid horse enthusiasts interested in horse welfare education. Don’t miss out on Equine Guelph’s second and final War Horse Gala:
• Premium orchestra seating can be purchased for $100 – $140.
• A pre-show reception with delicious appetizers will be held at 6:30 pm before the show.
• Attendees will be entered in a raffle to win tuition for the Equine Guelph, 12 week online Equine Welfare course (over $600 value) which begins September 2012.
• Breyer (through Kroeger Distributing in Canada) has donated a limited number of Traditional 'Joey' model/War Horse book box sets (limited collectors' edition of 3,500) as an additional fundraiser for Equine Guelph’s evening at War Horse . These special collector items, signed by David Mirvish himself, will be (available on a first come first serve basis) for $50. All proceeds will be directed toward the Equine Guelph-Ontario Equestrian Federation ‘War Horse’ Welfare Education Fund.
• Enjoy a talk given by University of Guelph professor of veterinary anatomy, Dr. Jeff Thomason, explaining the mechanics of movement in the horse which the puppeteers have learned to perform.
Support Equine Welfare through Education and experience the enchanting War Horse theatrical experience at the Princess of Wales Theatre.Tickets for the May 10th Gala can be purchased by cheque only through Equine Guelph.
Jackie Bellamy 519-824-4120 ext 54205 or firstname.lastname@example.org
for your opportunity to be a part of this very special evening.